We would love to have you come and be a part of our 2018 conference.
We are expecting over 7,000 attendees—homeschool parents, teens and children. These families will come from across the state of NC as well as neighboring states. The conference always generates a high level of energy and enthusiasm among conference attendees. Our keynotes and workshops cover the hottest topics in homeschooling and create conversations among thousands of homeschooling families for months after the conference is over. Events such as the teen dance and games social and talent showcase provide a lot of fun and are very popular with the attendees. The NCHE conference is a highlight of NC homeschoolers’ year.
The conference mission is to:
• Equip and encourage homeschooling families through an abundance of outstanding speakers and workshops
• Connect and equip homeschoolers with quality curriculum resources through our extensive vendor hall
• Connect homeschool families with each other to build relationships and a strong community
• Celebrate our teens and alums through special workshops, fun activities, fellowship, the talent showcase and our state-wide graduation
You are invited to submit an application to be a part of the 2018 NCHE homeschool conference.
Applications with payments submitted by October 20, 2017 will be considered by the conference committee in the first round of selections in early November. After that date, vendors will be selected on a space available basis.
Other opportunities available for participation are conference program advertising, College Fair participation, and conference sponsorships. (See applications for these in the side bar of this page.)
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Debbie Mason, Events Director
Spencer Mason, Conference Assistant
Vendor FAQs for 2018 Annual Conference
1. Where is the convention center?
- The M. C. Benton, Jr. Convention Center is located at 301 W. Fifth Street in Winston-Salem, NC.
2. Where do I find lodging?
- You will find lodging information on our website under INFO/Lodging. Note that the Embassy Suites and Marriott are part of the facility complex.
3. What are exempt vendors?
- Vendors may be chosen by the conference committee for exempt status. Exempt vendors do not need to go through the application process and have first choice of booth locations and have priority in keeping the space occupied or may request another location. To maintain this priority, exempt vendors need to submit their deposit by a certain date. New exempt vendors are chosen each year at the conference.
4. How does one become an exempt vendor?
- The committee looks for vendors whose product or ministry is directly related to homeschooling, who come to our conference year after year and faithfully keep our vendor hall policies.
5: What are the vendor hall policies?
- All vendors must remain in their allocated space.
- If asked to make changes to booth configuration, the vendor has an hour to comply.
- No vendor is allowed to sublet space to another vendor unless permission has been granted by the conference committee.
- All vendors must be invited by the NCHE conference committee.
- Vendors displaying audio materials must be considerate of other vendors (if the audio materials become a nuisance to vendors around you, we will ask you to cease playing them.)
- Booths must be manned the entire time of the conference (allowing for short absences) unless special permission is granted.
- Vendors may sell only during vendor hall hours.
6. What is required to remain an exempt vendor?
- If a vendor does not maintain vendor hall policies, he can lose his exempt vendor status and will need to go through the selection process.
7. What size are most booths?
- Most booth spaces are 10 feet wide and 8 feet deep and include a table, two chairs and drapes. There are a few unique spaces available with each space being priced according to its size and location. There may also be variations in booth layouts because of structural restrictions, etc.
8. What are the set-up and operating hours for 2018?
- All vendors are welcome to begin setting up Wednesday between 3:00 and 8:00 p.m. Additional set-up time will be offered after 7:00 a.m. on Thursday. Due to facility climate control, loading dock doors will close at 11:30 a.m. All vendors must be set up and ready for business by 1:30 pm on Thursday May 31, 2018. Please note that there are no dollies provided by the convention center.
9. How do I arrange for materials to be shipped to the convention center?
- No shipments will be received at the Benton Convention Center, the Marriott, or the Embassy Suites hotels. Shipment of ALL materials MUST go through Hollins Exposition Services. They will be contacting you with drop-shipping information closer to the conference.
10. What is the cancellation policy?
- Cancellations will receive refunds based on the following:
Received by September 30, will receive all funds paid less 40% of required deposit
Received by October 20, will receive all funds paid less 80% of required deposit
Received by November 30 will receive a 70% refund.
Received by December 31 will receive an 60% refund.
Received by January 31 will receive a 40% refund.
Received by February 28 will receive a 30% refund.
Received by March 31 will receive a 20% refund
No refunds will be given after March 31.
11. How do I advertise in the conference program?
- Click here to advertise in the conference program.
12. Is there an opportunity to sponsor the NCHE conference?
- Yes! Organizations have the opportunity to help sponsor the 2018 NCHE conference. Sponsorship packages give your organization the opportunity to demonstrate support for NCHE and homeschooling. Sponsorship will enhance the positive image homeschoolers have of your organization. Homeschoolers are more likely than average consumers to recommend a business or organization to other homeschool families via social media, homeschool co-ops, places of worship and sporting events. Please fill out this application. Payment must accompany the form. The specific sponsorships will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. See the link on the right side of this page.
13. Are there other ways to reach homeschoolers in NC?
- Advertising in our magazine GREENHOUSE is a great way to reach homeschoolers in NC throughout the year. We offer advertising in the print issue which is also seen in PDF form on the website. We also offer digital ads on all of our GREENHOUSE pages on the website. Go here for more information.
14. How many nametags are allowed for vendor workers?
- NCHE will allow 4 free vendor nametags per first booth. Two addition free nametags will be allowed for each booth after that with a cap of 10 free nametags per vendor. We will change $10 per nametag beyond the free those allowed for free.