I’m a fan of leftovers. Most things taste better to me after the flavors have had a while to blend. I was standing over my dinner when it occurred to me that lately my husband and I had been fueled by a lot of leftovers.
Errands, grocery stores, volleyball practice, laundry and talking with each other with whatever time was leftover.
Mid-summer growth spurts, teenage meltdowns, piano practice, and talking to each other with whatever mental energy was leftover.
Church commitments, homeschool… you get it. So I changed course. Teacher work day, friends! I am going to refill my tank today. Who’s with me? Here’s today’s lesson plan:
- Turn my phone off for 2 hours.
- Read 1 magazine that is just for fun—not homeschooling, not personal development, just frivolous. (It was a cooking magazine.)
- Watch a 30-minute mom show (I chose an old rerun of The Middle.)
- Eat a snack, beginning to end… and share it with no one! (It was iced coffee & chocolate.)
- Thank my husband for picking up take-out… and have a fully recharged conversation with him.
What’s your plan to stay refueled this school year? Tell us in the comments below!