Homeschooling High School
Whether you are a new homeschooler or a veteran of many years, preparing to homeschool your high schooler can seem somewhat overwhelming. You are faced with new questions:
- Will you homeschool in a more traditional way or be bold and chart a new path?
- Will you prepare your student for college, or a vocational or entrepreneurial path?
- Will you teach what society expects or what is important to your family?
- How will you document the accomplishments of your students–with transcripts, portfolios, achievement tests, etc.?
- What outside resources will you need?
These are just a few of the many new questions. As with homeschooling in the earlier years, in the teen years there is not just one right way to homeschool. Families and children are all different, with different philosophies, beliefs, and goals; therefore, each homeschool will be unique.
For ongoing support we recommend that you join North Carolinians for Home Education (NCHE) and connect with local homeschoolers. NCHE is committed to supporting homeschoolers, promoting home education and protecting the right to homeschool. NCHE can help you find a local homeschool group in your area.