Homeschooling High School
Whether you are a new homeschooler or a veteran of many years, preparing to homeschool your high schooler can seem somewhat overwhelming. You are faced with new questions:
- Will you homeschool in a more traditional way or be bold and chart a new path?
- Will you prepare your student for college, or a vocational or entrepreneurial path?
- Will you teach what society expects or what is important to your family?
- How will you document the accomplishments of your students–with transcripts, portfolios, achievement tests, etc.?
- What outside resources will you need?
These are just a few of the many new questions. As with homeschooling in the earlier years, in the high school years there is not just one right way to homeschool. Families and children are all different, with different philosophies, beliefs, and goals; therefore, each homeschool will be unique. Please explore the topics in the menu to the left to learn more about homeschooling in these years.
For ongoing support we recommend that you join North Carolinians for Home Education (NCHE) and connect with local homeschoolers. Our mission is to help homeschooling families in North Carolina to excel in educating their children. We do this by working to:
- Protect the rights of North Carolina citizens to homeschool,
- Equip families with the information and encouragement they need,
- Connect families with other homeschooling families and groups across the state.