For over 37 years, NCHE has served North Carolina home educators. We strive to keep NCHE members informed and encouraged through our flagship publication, GREENHOUSE Magazine. GREENHOUSE is currently available in three formats. We publish a beautiful print version that looks great on your coffee table or bookshelf. This is mailed to all NCHE members and given to NC legislators. A PDF version of GREENHOUSE is available online, as well as articles posted regularly on the NCHE.com GREENHOUSE Magazine webpage. Thousands of homeschool families are looking for products and services just like yours. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to connect with these families by advertising with GREENHOUSE Magazine. Thank you for partnering with us to support NC homeschool families and connecting them with the products and services they need to succeed. Please see the instructions below for how to advertise with GREENHOUSE Magazine. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn about other ways to reach homeschoolers in North Carolina, see our “Reach Homeschoolers” page.
Sincerely, Matthew McDill NCHE President
GREENHOUSE is published by North Carolinians for Home Education (NCHE) and is the only statewide periodical created specifically to keep North Carolina home educators informed and encouraged.
• Publication frequency: Three times a year: Spring, Graduate, and Fall
• Pages per issue: 32
• Circulation (printed copy and online) – Three issues per year: Mailed to NCHE members, given to NC legislators and available to everyone online in PDF at nche.com. The graduate issue is also shared with graduate’s family and friends.
Website: nche.com/greenhouse; new article published every week or two from the current printed issue and a library of past articles.
Issue Date Articles Ads
Fall-September July 20 July 31
Spring-March January 20 January 31
Graduate-May March 20 March 31
Advertising in GREENHOUSE
- Pick a size and which issue/s you want to publish in (confirm placement availability with GREENHOUSE editor).
- Decide if you want to submit a digital ad for the GREENHOUSE section of the NCHE website.
- Create a print ad.
- Fill out the advertising order form and submit.
- If the credit card information was not submitted, email form to email@example.com before deadline, and mail payment to NCHE GREENHOUSE, 1243 Harkey Creek Drive, Monroe, NC 28110-0035 (add “GREENHOUSE ad” in the memo line).
- Email the print ad and/or the digital online ad to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Print Ad Minimum Requirements:
- Submit a press-ready PDF, JPG, or TIF including bleed, crop marks and embedded fonts. Include all linked files, fonts and the layout file.
- Minimum resolution for photographs is 300 dpi (or ppi) at 100% size
- Minimum resolution for line art scans is 1200 dpi (or ppi) at 100% size. • Convert art to process CMYK colors. Do not leave art in RGB. Adding resolution to art will produce questionable results. • Logos or line art should be vector graphics.
- Type 1 PostScript fonts are preferred. Include the screen font (font suitcase or bitmap font) and all PostScript printer fonts for all typefaces used in your document. True Type or Open Type fonts must be embedded into the PDF. Another option is to convert all fonts to outlines. • Build layout documents with CMYK process colors. Do not use spot colors.
- Create Rich Black with 60% cyan, 40% magenta and 100% black.
The six month online ad is available for a discounted price for those who place print ads in the GREENHOUSE and will run at the same time frame as the printed version. To purchase fewer than six months of online ads, click here.
Please use the form below if you plan to pay online. If you want to pay with a check, click the button below.