For more than thirty-eight years, NCHE has served North Carolina home educators. We strive to keep NCHE members informed and encouraged through our flagship publication, GREENHOUSE Magazine. GREENHOUSE is currently available in three formats. We publish a beautiful print version that looks great on your coffee table or bookshelf. This is mailed to all NCHE members and given to NC legislators. A PDF version of GREENHOUSE is available online, as well as articles posted regularly on the NCHE.com GREENHOUSE webpage. Thousands of homeschool families are looking for products and services just like yours. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to connect with these families by advertising with GREENHOUSE. Please see the instructions below for how to advertise in GREENHOUSE. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
To learn about other ways to reach homeschoolers in North Carolina, see our “Reach Homeschoolers” page.
Sincerely, Matthew McDill NCHE President
GREENHOUSE is published by North Carolinians for Home Education (NCHE) and is the only statewide periodical created specifically to keep North Carolina home educators informed and encouraged.
• Publication frequency: Three times a year: Spring, Graduate, and Fall
• Pages per issue: 32
• Circulation (printed copy and online) – Mailed to NCHE members and donors, given to NC legislators and available to everyone online in PDF at nche.com. The graduate issue is also shared with graduate’s family and friends.
Website: nche.com/greenhouse; new article published every week or two from the current printed issue and a library of past articles.
Issue Date Articles Ads
Fall-September July 20 July 31
Spring-March January 20 January 31
Graduate-May March 20 March 31
Advertising in GREENHOUSE
- Pick a size and which issue/s you want to publish in (confirm placement availability with GREENHOUSE editor). There is a 10% discount for three consecutive print ads (Spring, Graduate and Fall issues) of the same size and category when they are ordered and paid for in advance.
- Decide if you want to submit a digital ad for the GREENHOUSE section of the NCHE website and the top ten visited webpages (with a few exceptions such as the home page).
- Create a print ad.
- Fill out the advertising order form and submit. You can fill out a credit card form or a check form.
- If the check form was filled out, mail payment to NCHE GREENHOUSE, 1243 Harkey Creek Drive, Monroe, NC 28110-0035 (add “GREENHOUSE ad” in the memo line).
- If the print or digital ad wasn’t submitted, email them to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Print Ad Minimum Requirements:
- Submit a press-ready PDF, JPG, or TIF including bleed, crop marks and embedded fonts. Include all linked files, fonts and the layout file.
- Minimum resolution for photographs is 300 dpi (or ppi) at 100% size
- Minimum resolution for line art scans is 1200 dpi (or ppi) at 100% size. • Convert art to process CMYK colors. Do not leave art in RGB. Adding resolution to art will produce questionable results. Leaving artwork in RGB format may cause a color change to color critical items during pre-press functions of the printer that we are not responsible for. • Logos or line art should be vector graphics.
- Type 1 PostScript fonts are preferred. Include the screen font (font suitcase or bitmap font) and all PostScript printer fonts for all typefaces used in your document. True Type or Open Type fonts must be embedded into the PDF. Another option is to convert all fonts to outlines. • Build layout documents with CMYK process colors. Do not use spot colors.
- Create Rich Black with 60% cyan, 40% magenta and 100% black.
The six month online ad is available for a discounted price for those who place print ads in the GREENHOUSE and will run at the same time frame as the printed version–spring, March to August; graduate, May to October; and fall, September to February. In order to order the web ads with this discount, you must first click on a print ad to order. To purchase only online ads, click here.
Please use the form below.