Region 3

Counties: Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham, Rowan, Yadkin

If you’re looking for a place to connect with other homeschoolers in your area, here are some co-ops and support groups, both online and those which meet in person.  Let me know if you have one you’d like to share!

Barefoot University is a child led forest school of all ages that does nature based activities, weekly meetups, community service projects, and outdoor learning.  Contact Brandi Graham at Barefootuniversity@yahoo.com for information about our local group.  

Central Carolina Home Educators  CCHE is a social group that meets for weekly events such as teen nights, family nights, field trips, elementary events, and mom’s night outs. We have a yearbook, prom, and graduation. We love supporting our community and encouraging fellow homeschoolers as they navigate their educational journey. 

Children of Light Arts – Children of Light Arts is a Christ-centered creative community of actors, writers, readers and dreamers. We seek to tell stories that are true through the arts. We have monthly creative writing club meetings and literature discussions groups, and drama and film camps in the summer.  Children of Light Arts is based in Forsyth County. Contact Taryn Padiak at thepadiaks@gmail.com for more information.

Christian Homeschoolers Network of NC  We offer parent led field trips, resources for homeschooling, field trips and curriculum. We love to help others in their journey to homeschooling! Contact Kristy Nazzal at ChristianHomeschoolersNetwork@gmail.com for more information. Kristy is also a Schoolhouse Teacher Ambassador.

Creative Christian Writers – We meet a couple of times a month to share our work, encourage one another, and learn new techniques. Commitment to attendance is necessary to build a strong and vibrant community.  This group is based in the Piedmont Triad. Contact Taryn Padiak at thepadiaks@gmail.com for more information. 

EACH of Greensboro – EACH is a cooperative group of families offering weekly enrichment: outdoor play, field trips and academic classes for home learners. Our mission is to create opportunities for diverse learning experiences and lasting friendships in a secular, inclusive community guided by curiosity and respect.

EMMA (Enriching, Mentoring, Mastering, and Achieving) Since formation of the EMMA program, in Greensboro in 1996, the classes have functioned as a Christ-centered support system designed to be a helpful, affordable aid to homeschooling families.

Forsyth Home Educators is a Christian homeschool support group representing more than 400 families in the heart of NC. We sponsor championship sports teams, driver’s education classes, workshops, mom’s nights out, prom, graduation, field trips and more. Our monthly newsletter and the community groups on Facebook keep our members informed and connected. We also have several sports teams.

Friendly Educators    Do you feel less confident teaching science than mathematics? Do you want your child to experience the joy of artistic expression or a new language, but your skills lie in social studies?  Check out this Christian homeschool tutorial program dedicated to quality instruction, located in Greensboro, NC.

Greensboro Home Educators (GHE) is a Christian homeschool group of families primarily residing in Guilford County, NC.

High Point Home Educators  The purpose and mission of HPHE is to provide support, guidance, encouragement and educational opportunities according to Biblical principles and ideals for home educating families in the Triad area. HPHE offers a LIFE Classes program once a week and seasonal sports opportunities. 

Hillcrest Homeschool Enrichment is a ministry of Hillcrest Baptist Church located in the south Kernersville area.

Holy Family Homeschool Enrichment of the Triad We are a Catholic community of homeschoolers who meet on Tuesdays from September through May for supplementary classes. We are a true co-op so all classes are taught by the parents. 

Homeschool Connections of Randolph County  The intention of this website is to gather all the home education links and information for Randolph county in one place.

NC Adventurous Home Educators is an all inclusive homeschool group that is based out of the Piedmont Triad, but offers fun, educational activities and trips all over NC and its bordering states.

New Lebanon Homeschool Guild is a Christian homeschool co-op serving Pre-K through 12th grade students in Rockingham County and the surrounding area. We have two 14 week semesters and classes meet weekly on Thursdays. We also offer social/educational events during the year.

Rockingham County NC Homeschoolers is a group for homeschoolers and parents to come together and share upcoming activities, field trips, co op events, classes, etc.

Roots Homeschool Club  promotes a fun atmosphere where parents and children can learn, laugh, and grow together, through a biblical worldview. We meet once a week for playdates and once a month for field trips in & surrounding Yadkin County. Join us, on this crazy adventure! 

Rowan County Home School Association   Welcome to RCHSA. We are a Christ-centered homeschool support group dedicated to promoting and encouraging homeschooling families in the Rowan County, NC area. Our group is member based, member run, and member led. We all work together to support one another in our homeschooling journeys.

T.E.A.C.H. of Davie County:  The name of our group was chosen to reflect some of the core values of our member families. It stands for Teaching, Excellence, Achievement and Character at Home.

The Point – The Point is an outreach ministry of Mt. Pleasant Church in Thomasville focusing on the Christian, academic, and experiential education of community homeschooling students, boldly sharing Jesus’ unfailing love, and training ambassadors to Christ’s mission. K-12 are currently enrolled with PK planned for 2024-25. 

Trinity Home Educators is a 7th grade-12th grade co-op that meets on Wednesdays at Agape Faith Church in Clemmons (Forsyth County). We meet from 9am to 4pm with an hour for lunch. Trinity Home Educators is a Christian co-op/community. We will meet on Fridays (other days from time to time) to have activities, service projects, clubs, field trips  and family fellowship. Contact Aundrea Hildreth at aahildreth@att.net for more information. 

Winston Salem Homeschoolers has a twofold purpose– to share homeschool events going on in Winston-Salem, as well as give members the opportunity to get together and make new friends!

Yadkin County NC Homeschoolers : a Facebook group to network, buy/sell, and talk about all things homeschooling.

Karen Helm

I have lived in Winston Salem in Forsyth County since 2013.  My husband, Todd, and I have been married for 32 years and began homeschooling our three children in 2004.  Our youngest graduated from homeschool in 2019 and is currently a junior at the University of Richmond. The older two are also college graduates. We are now are "retired" from homeschooling!  

Homeschool was a great way of life for our family. It allowed our kids to grow up together, to know each other well and to develop close relationships.  It also allowed us to direct our children's education in a manner unique to each of them.  Homeschooling provided us with the time to disciple our children and to see them grow in their faith.  Homeschool prepared our three kids well for university and for life after school by helping them to develop self discipline and time management skills. Our youngest recently remarked, "I learned how to take ownership of my studies as a homeschool student rather than expecting the teacher to tell me everything I need to know. This has really helped in college." 

I want to share my love of homeschooling with anyone who is interested. I want to encourage families in their homeschooling journey whether they are just starting out, in the middle, or nearing the end.  Please email me with any questions.  I look forward to hearing from you. 

en_USEnglish