Welcome to Region 4’s page. Region 4 covers the following counties: Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rutherford, and Union.
Please let me know if we can help you or answer any questions, and don’t hesitate to reach out! If the support group name is listed in blue, you may follow the link to find out more.
If you are a support group leader in Region 4 and you have a support group that is not listed here or see that something is missing or in error in the support groups listing below, please contact me so that I can correct your information.
- Cabarrus County Home School Association (CCHSA) The Cabarrus County Home School Association (CCHSA) is a nonprofit, nondenominational, Christian home school support group dedicated to providing tools and encouragement to home educators and their families. Benefits of membership include educational and social opportunities, sharing of resources, updates on legal issues and requirements, group privileges and discounts as well as mentoring and group support. (Taken from the CCHSA website.)
Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: County: Cabarrus & Surrounding Cities: Kannapolis, Rockwell, Landis, Gold Hill, Stanfield, New London, Concord, Huntersville Zip Codes: 28023, 28025, 28027, 28036, 28071, 28075, 28081, 28082, 28083, 28097, 28107, 28124, 28137, 28138, and 28146
- Central Homeschool Group (CHSG) The philosophy of our Christian group is one of support to families. CHSG pledges to make every attempt to recommend resources, provide mentoring services and host enrichment activities for parents as well as fellowship and activities for children, parents and whole families. (Taken from website)
The family spirit of Central Home School Group is contrasted with that of other means of support, perhaps more electronic versions, in that we are committed to relationships with each other that are characterized by serving one another. This is done in the context of the same, small intimate group that consistently meets to make meaningful and valuable experiences for the students and parents alike. Contact:email@example.com Co-op: Membership: Open Area(s) Served: County: Mecklenburg City: South Central Charlotte Zip Codes: 28211, 28212
- Charlotte Christian Homeschool Network – CCHNet Connecting Christian Homeschoolers in the Charlotte Area This is a general information list that serves as a clearinghouse for information and a place to network for the greater Charlotte area. It is Christian in nature and nonsectarian. It especially seeks to serve new homeschoolers and homeschoolers new to the area. Discussions are allowed as well as posts about other area groups. Political posts must be sent through the list moderator. Anyone is welcome who does not mind religious postings. Online: Yahoo! Groups: CCHNet Membership: Open Area(s) Served: Charlotte and surrounding areas
- Cleveland County Homeschool Association The Cleveland County Homeschool Association, Inc. is a local support group whose purpose is to represent the homeschool community in a manner that honors Jesus Christ while providing support, advice, information, fellowship and activities to area homeschoolers. You can find them on Facebook listed as CCHA-Cleveland County (NC) Homeschool Association. Online: CCHA Website Co-op: Membership: Open Contact: Quinne Bridges ClevelandCoHomeschool@yahoo.com Area(s) Served: County: Cleveland Cities: Shelby, Cherryville, Kings Mountain, Lattimore, Mooresboro, Lawndale, Polkville, Waco, Ellenboro, Grover, Gaston, Lincoln counties and upstate SC. Zip codes: 28150, 28151, 28152, 28021, 28086, 28089, 28114, 28090, 28136, 28169, 28040, 28073, 28016, 28033, 28020, 28038, 29702, 28054
- CMeLEARN (Charlotte Mason eLEARN) CMeLEARN (Charlotte Mason eLEARN) is a homeschool group serving families in the Greater Charlotte area. We are Christian families who welcome anyone interested in learning about the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education.
- Creatively Parenting The Colorful Mind For Parents of Children with ADHD Facebook Group desires to build a community of like-minded, positive, and gentle parents who are willing to swap ideas about parenting and homeschooling children with ADHD.
Co-op:Membership: OpenContact: Wendy Wheeler firstname.lastname@example.orgArea(s) Served: the greater Charlotte area
- Crossway Homeschool Moms Cross Way Homeschool Moms meets every 2nd month for encouragement + networking, offers a yahoo group for communicaiton, a Beta Leadership Club, and graduation.
Co-op: This group is a co-op, or has a co-operative componentMembership: OpenArea(s) Served: serving – North Charlotte, Concord, Huntersville
- ENRICH, Inc A 501c3 nonprofit organization serving homeschoolers in the greater Cabarrus and Mecklenburg County area by promoting education, service, and community.
- FACES Catholic Homeschoolers This group is for members of the Family Apostolate of Catholic Education and Service (FACES) home school co-op located in Charlotte, NC. FACES is an apostolate of Roman Catholic families established to support homeschooling families in their role as primary educators of their children. Our ultimate goal is to help parents and their children grow in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ through obedience to His teachings, attaining through His grace, life everlasting. This group is also open to Charlotte area Catholics who are not members of the FACES Co-op.
- Gaston County Homeschool Network Gaston County Homeschool Network is an inclusive e-list network of homeschooling and unschooling families who share information and ideas related to homeschooling in Gaston County, North Carolina.
Greyfriars Classical Academy Located in Matthews (Mecklenburg County), Greyfriars Classical Academy (GCA) offers a classical high school education in a strong Christian environment, welcoming homeschooled students to enroll in one or more courses. GCA’s class structure resembles that of a university, meeting together Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Each subject is taught from a decidedly biblical worldview, meeting either one day each week (1/2-credit courses), two days each week (1-credit courses), or three days each week (mathematics). Students can enroll either full-time or part-time (for homeschooled students).We are especially interested in giving Christian families an affordable option by which their children can continue to receive an exceptional, Christian education through the challenging high school years. Individual classes are offered for as little as $345 for a 1/2-credit course. Choose from 33 courses, including: Science—Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Physics Mathematics—Pre-Algebra, Algebra I & II, Geometry, Precalculus Languages—Latin I & II, Spanish I & II History, Literature Plus, there are several ½-credit courses meeting just once each week—Writing, Logic, Aesthetics, Theology Online: www.greyfriarsclassical.org Co-op: Membership: Open Contact: John McGowan, Headmaster Greyfriars Classical Academy 2701 Rice Road Matthews, NC 28105 (704) 315-5774 E-mail: email@example.com Web address: www.greyfriarsclassical.org Area(s) Served: Charlotte, Matthews, Mint Hill, Indian Trail, Concord, Waxhaw, and surrounding cities.
- Greyfriars Classical Tutorials Greyfriars Classical Tutorials is a ministry of Greyfriars Classical Academy to homeschooling families with students from kindergarten through 8th grade. GCT-Grammar includes K through grade 5 and meets on Tuesdays, while GCT-Logic includes grades 6-8 and meets on Thursdays. Both groups are under the direction of the Board of Greyfriars Classical Academy, a three-day-a-week high school.
At Greyfriars, we believe we are working with the God-given strengths of children by emphasizing memory work in the grammar stage, discussion and problem-solving in the logic stage, and presenting ideas wisely and well in the rhetoric stage. The program provides weekly classroom instruction by tutors who love what they teach and do so from a Christian worldview and with a classical methodology. GCT meets for 30 weeks during the school year and is ideal for families who desire the benefits and blessings of educating both in community as well as in the home school. Families of GCT find guidance, structure, curriculum help, encouragement and accountability in a nurturing community. Online: www.greyfriarstutorials.org Co-op: Membership: Open Contact: Ashley Trice, Headmaster Greyfriars Classical Tutorials 2701 Rice Road Matthews, NC 28105 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Area(s) Served: Matthews, Mint Hill, Charlotte, Concord, Indian Trail, Monroe, Pineville, Waxhaw, Weddington.
- HARC (Homeschool Association of Rutherford/Polk Counties) Welcome to HARC – The homeschooling support group for families in Rutherford County and surrounding areas .
We are a non-profit educational-support organization that approaches homeschooling from a Christian perspective. People of all faith backgrounds are welcomed to join, but we do aim to carry out activities in accordance with Biblical standards. Co-op: Membership: Open Contact: HARC – Homeschool Association of Rutherford/Polk Counties PO Box 904 Forest City, NC 28043 Online: harchomeschool.org Area(s) Served: Rutherfordton, Bostic, Union Mills, Forest City, Columbus, Ellenboro; We are open to all Rutherford and Polk County residents. We also have accepted Cleveland County residents.
- HBEC (Home-Based Educators of Charlotte) Home-Based Educators of Charlotte (HBEC) is an inclusive, secular group providing support and resources for people who have chosen to educate their families at home. Members have varied backgrounds, as well as varied political and religious beliefs.
Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: Charlotte, Matthews, Stallings
- Heart4homeschooling The purpose of this group is to provide an atmosphere for support and fellowship, as well as a place to share and ask for advice, network, and offer activities and field trips for our homeschooled children and their families. This homeschool group is registered as a non-profit organization and is open to all homeschool families regardless of race, religion, home school or parenting styles. Even though we are not affiliated with any one particular religious group, we do ask that members treat each other with respect and to “love your neighbor as yourself.” Online: Heart for Homeschooling Membership: Open Area(s) Served: Cleveland and Gaston counties, as well as the surrounding areas and portions of South Carolina
- HINTS (Home Instructors Need Team Support) HINTS (Home Instructors Need Team Support) is a homeschool support group that serves the geographical area of south Charlotte and has been in existence since 1985. HINTS, as a support group, exists to encourage home educating parents as they provide for the day-to-day needs of their students. HINTS strives to be a parent- and service-oriented organization as it supplies its members with information related to homeschooling, state requirements, curricula, and activities.
Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: Cities: South Charlotte and Union County Zip Codes: 28105, 28210, 28226, 28270, 28277, 28173, 28079, 28110, 28112, 28104
- Home Oriented Ministry & Education (HOME) of Gaston County The purpose of Home Oriented Ministry & Education (HOME) is to nurture a Christian home education based upon the Bible. HOME support group operates by Biblical principles at all times. The primary goal of our support group shall be to provide support for parents who have chosen to educate their children themselves in agreement with our philosophies.
Co-op:Membership: OpenContact: Jennifer and Andrew Hamstra 704-650-5327.Area(s) Served: Cities: Gastonia, Dallas, Bessemer City, Kings Mountain
- Home Schoolers Offering Practical Encouragement (HOPE) The mission of Home Schoolers Offering Practical Encouragement (HOPE) is to provide a network of mutual support and encouragement for homeschoolers through the sharing of resources, ideas, and fellowship all to the glory of God through Jesus Christ His Son by the working of the Holy Spirit through each born again believer. Membership: Open
Contact: Contact: email@example.comArea(s) Served: Monroe, Matthews, Indian Trail, Wingate, Waxhaw, Marshville Zip Codes: 28079, 28104, 28110, 28112, 28173, 28174
- Learning 4 Life Home Educators This is an inclusive support group of homeschooling families from the Gaston/Cleveland county areas of North Carolina and all surrounding counties. Our homeschool group is composed mostly of “upper elementary grade” children, but we have various aged children from babies to teenagers. This group is open to anyone regardless of race, religion, home school styles, parenting styles, etc.
Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: Cities: Bessemer City, Gastonia, Kings Mountain, Grover, Cherryville, Belmont, Shelby, Mt. Holly, Stanley, Charlotte, Ranlo, etc.
- LIFE at Lake Norman (Learning in Family Environments) We have monthly support meetings and post field trip options on our yahoo loop.
Co-op: This group is a co-op, or has a co-operative componentMembership: OpenArea(s) Served: Terrell, Sherrills Ford, Denver, Troutman, Davidson, Mooresville, Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson
- Lincoln County Home Educators Lincoln County Home Educators, founded in 1988, is a growing local Christian support group of about 65 families. Our purposes as a group are to offer help and encouragement to area home schoolers and to provide educational, spiritual, and social activities for member families. Online: lchesupport.com
Co-op:Membership: OpenContact: Stephanie Morris firstname.lastname@example.org Area(s) Served: Cities: Lincolnton, Crouse, Cherryville Zip Codes: 28037
- Mint Hill Community Homeschoolers Mint Hill Community Homeschoolers is a Christian Support Group, open to any homeschooling families. We are sponsored by Mint Hill Baptist Church and we are a homeschool co-op with a focus on supporting homeschooling parents and enriching the educational experience of our students. We plan to provide an encouraging Bible study geared toward homeschool parents and enrichment classes for students in grades K-12 and their younger siblings. We will meet Bi-weekly on Friday mornings from 9:30-11:30 starting the Friday after Labor Day. We will meet on the campus of Mint Hill Baptist Church, where we have access to classrooms and nursery facilities.
Co-op: This group is a co-op, or has a co-operative componentMembership: OpenContact: Shana Talbert email@example.comArea(s) Served: Mint Hill and surrounding area
- NOAH – Nurturing Ours At Home
Membership: OpenContact: firstname.lastname@example.orgArea(s) Served: NW Charlotte
- North Charlotte Secular Homeschool Co-op We are a group of homeschooling and unschooling families from the Greater Charlotte area working together to provide a gathering place for our children to engage in learning and social opportunities. Our mission is to provide a quality diverse, secular, and inclusive environment in which children are nurtured while engaging in classes and activities in a climate of mutual respect. We are a non-religious, all- inclusive group. Families of any/all ethnicities, gender preferences/identifications, religious or non-religious beliefs, schooling styles, ages, political beliefs, abilities, etc are welcome with open arms. Please be respectful of all beliefs and lifestyles represented here. We are all doing the best we can for our children, and we all have that in common. Online: https://www.facebook.com/groups/245898232460498/
Co-op: This group is a co-op, or has a co-operative componentMembership: OpenContact:Tracy Burkett email@example.comArea(s) Served: Charlotte, Concord, GastoniaParents of Charlotte Area Home Schoolers Face Book GroupOnline: https://www.facebook.com/groups/49748714914/Connect with other local homeschooling parents. Share local events, special deals on classes, programs for homeschoolers and links for online tools & activities. Share things related to and helpful to Homeschoolers. Find groups and Co-ops.Contact: Karen Shattuck firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents As Teachers @ Home is a Christian-based home school group that exists to provide encouragement, support, and fellowship to those who are seeking to teach their children at home. We invite all people regardless to creed, race, or ethnic background. However, it should be understood that PATH is committed to Biblical standards in all its endeavors, including activities, field trips, standards of behavior, and manner of interaction. We seek to provide an informational network to our members about teaching methods, educational opportunities, and pertinent current events. Our group is dedicated to supporting families in making their personal home education experience a rich and satisfying one.Membership: OpenArea(s) Served:Indian Trail, Matthews, Monroe, Waxhaw
This group is offered as a means of disseminating news and information of interest among homeschool families residing in the Piedmont region.Co-op:Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: The Piedmont of NC
- SALT (Seeking & Learning Truth) The purpose of the SALT is to provide education, guidance, support, and encouragement from a biblical foundation to one another as home educators.
Co-op:Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: Lowell, NW Charlotte, Belmont, Mount Holly, Stanley, Dallas, Gastonia, Bessemer City, Cramerton, Oakdale, Mtn. Island Lake, Coulwood
- Seeds of Promise Family Support Group Seeds of Promise FSG is a non-profit, non-denominational parent cooperative homeschool family support group founded upon Biblical Judeo-Christian values. Our members participate in group field trips, co-op courses, and events such as monthly meetings, contests, yearbook, newsletter, community service, and great family fellowship times. Please contact us for membership fee and more information.
Co-op:Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: Serving, but not limited to: Lincoln, Cabarrus, Iredel, Catawba, Gaston counties, and Mecklenburg Counties
- Shanan Tutorials and Co-Op Shanan Classical Tutorials offer home schooled students pre-college tutorial courses. We provide knowledgeable and passionate tutors, as well as a rigorous line-up of courses which are the basic for high school graduation as well as a thorough preparation for higher education.Shanan Classical also has an affordable academic co-op taught from a Biblical perspective. We offer incredible topic related field trips, homeschooling support (many of our moms have years of experience), and much more.
- Stanly-Montgomery Home School Association (SMHSA) “SMHSA is a home school group based in Stanly and Montgomery County, but we also have members in Anson and Cabarrus County. We offer opportunities for children age K-12, their younger siblings AND parents to get together at different events throughout the year. These events include, but are not limited to; holiday parties, field trips, monthly skate days, graduation, Moms’ fellowship and an annual family picnic.”
Co-op:Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: Albemarle, Driden, Oakboro, Norwood, Locust, Stanfield, Mt. Gilead, Wadesboro, Polkton
- The Crusaders Crusaders Mission Statement: The Crusaders is a Christian organization that has been established to serve our members through fellowship, educational opportunities, and activities. Our desire is to be committed and dedicated to the well being of our families through Christian example, encouragement, and support; all for the Christ’s glory. We are an extension of each family’s individual school. Participation involves reinforcing family values and Christian principles through conduct.
- We believe that God gives parents the primary right and responsibility to educate their own children.
- We believe that home educators provide a high quality education for their children.
- We believe that parental love and understanding, patience to teach until the child learns, and parental recognition of the needs of the whole child is more important than teacher-education requirements.
- We believe responsibilities should be shared among all the members. No one person or group of individuals should be over burdened.
Founded in 1989, originally named Lifespring Homeschoolers Association. A non-profit organization designed to meet the needs of fourteen families whom at the time attended Lifespring Church of God in Pineville. During the last several years we have created a policy board, designed positions to serve our members, drafted bylaws, changed our name to The Crusaders, and increased our membership to over 50 families. Membership: Open Contact: DandRHensel@fmtc.net Area(s) Served: SW Charlotte, Concord, Weddington, Albemarle, Mount Pleasant, Pineville, South Carolina
- The Niche Homeschool Enrichment Group The Niche Homeschool Enrichment Group is a community in the Lake Norman area working toward a classical style education with a Charlotte Mason flare. The group will be meeting on Thursdays from 10-2 in the Denver area for the 2017-18 school year. If you would like more information please contact me at email@example.com, and we will get back to you right away. Our small groups will be facilitated by trained parents who will introduce kids to topics such as character building, bible studies, history, science, writing, literature, poetry, art, handiwork, and more!
Co-op:Membership: OpenContact: Kim Mikesell firstname.lastname@example.orgArea(s) Served: The Lake Norman Area
- Visions of the Future Homeschool Group
Visions Of The Future Homeschool Group is a non-secular group open to all members of the communities of Mooresville, Mt. Ulla, Davidson, Cornelius, and Huntersville.
Online: visionsofthefuturehomeschoolgroup.yolasite.com Co-op: Membership: Open Contact: Email:email@example.com Area(s) Served: Mooresville, Mt. Ulla, Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville
- West Lincoln Home Educators West Lincoln Home Educators was founded in 2003. We are a support group for local Christian families who educate their children at home. Our purpose as a group is to offer help and encouragement to area home educators. We provide fellowship for both parents and children through many activities offered. (Taken from West Lincoln Home Educators’ website)
Membership: OpenArea(s) Served: Cherryville, Vale, Lincolnton
Located in Gastonia, (Gaston County), Westminster Classical Academy (GCA) offers a classical 7th-12th grade (Starting fall 2014 with 7th-8th) education in a strong Christian environment, welcoming homeschooled students to enroll. Classes are held Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays.Co-op:Area(s) Served: Gaston County, Cleveland County
- ZOE Teen Group Zoe means “Abundant life in Christ”. Zoe is a teen group whose mission is to encourage Christian growth and maturity through worship, fellowship, and service projects. Our goal is to honor God and show love for others. Online: ZOE Teens
Co-op:Membership: OpenContact: firstname.lastname@example.orgArea(s) Served: Serving the Mint Hill/Matthews area, greater Charlotte, and other areas surrounding Charlotte (Concord, Harrisburg, Waxhaw, Albemarle, Mount Pleasant) since 1989.
Christina Parker Brown
Christina Parker Brown is a momma of three, homeschooling since 2000 and the author of AKAHomeschoolMom.com and Alphabet Smash. Her work has been featured in Proverbs 31 magazine, The Old Schoolhouse magazine, Home Educator Family Times, GREENHOUSE and others. Christina’s passion is to encourage others to intentionally connect faith, family and fun. She is a hopeless logophile and always brakes for yard sales. Her writing is inspired by her faith in Jesus Christ, adventures in NC with her Adventure Group and her twenty-three-year marriage to her best friend, Richard. Contact: Region4@nche.com